The most painful complaint of mouth is ‘mouth ulcer’ and it is the most common complaint often left untreated. Mouth ulcer medically known as Apthous ulcer.
Almost everyone has ulcers in the mouth from time to time. Every human being at least once in their life must suffer by the mouth ulcer.
Up to 1 in 5 people get recurrent mouth ulcers.
The mouth ulcer are very common in school going and middle aged person.
Both men and women affected equally by the apthous ulcer
As the quotes states
“ you don’t get ulcer from what u eat , you get them from what’s eating you” 😢
- The first and foremost cause is STRESS. Any type of mental stress causes the apthous ulcer.
- Mouth injury from dental work, hard brushing, sports injury, or accidental bite
- Acidic foods like strawberries, citrus, and pineapples, and other trigger foods like chocolate and coffee
- lack of essential vitamins, especially B-12, zinc, folate, and iron
- stress during menstruation
- Lack of sleep
- Decreased sperm count
- Gastric ulcer
- Accidental biting of the cheek
- Poor oral hygiene
- Burns from eating hot food
- Oral thrush infection
- Herpes simplex viral infection (cold sore)
- Reaction to certain medications, such as chemotherapeutic agents
- Tuberculosis, AIDS, diabetes mellitus and inflammatory bowel disease
- Cancer of the lip.
The mouth ulcer is generally two types
- Minor ulcers are around 2-8mm in diameter and usually clear up in 10 days to 2 weeks.
- Major ulcers are bigger and deeper, often with a raised or irregular border. This type of ulcer can take several weeks to heal and may leave a scar in the mouth.
- A painful sore or sores inside your mouth, on the tongue, soft palate (the back portion of the roof of your mouth), or inside your cheeks
- Sores in your mouth that are round, white, or grey in colour, with a red edge or border.
- Physical sluggishness
- Painful while eating, moving jaws, drinking, when any objects touches the ulcer.
- Pain may vary from mild to severe pain.
- Bad odor in mouth
- Foul Breathing
- Ghee which heal the ulcer
- Curd and milk products will sooth the pain
- Green leafy vegetables helps to heal faster
- Oil pulling will reduces the pain
- Coconut milk will heal the ulcers
- Avoid spicy food until the ulcers heal
- Avoiding foods that irritate your mouth, including acidic or spicy foods
- Avoiding irritation from gum chewing
- Brushing with a soft-bristled brush after meals and flossing daily, which will keep your mouth free of foods that might trigger a sore.
Homeopathy is one of the most popular systems of medicine. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat diseases of mouth but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility.
Recurring oral ulcers can be treated using homeopathy with great success. Depending on the cause behind the ulcers, the treatment has to be targeted.
Homeopathic treatment is strongly suggested for all cases of recurring and chronic Oral ulcers.
For more details and treatment contact us
ELAVENII HOMOEO SPECIALITY CLINIC
94/3, Thennamara street,
Near Rabson drug house