cramps at night
Legs cramps is also
known as “CHARLEY HORSE”.
Females are more
affected than males
Young females are more affected
than olden women
8 out of 10 persons are
affected by cramps at night.
Legs cramps can also
known as “lame leg, wooden leg, timiru, donkey bite, ice leg”
A charley horse is the name
given to a cramp or pulled muscle in the leg.
The strong muscle cramp can sneak
up suddenly and last for a few seconds to
several painful minutes.
History for the name:-
Lame horse named Charley whose regular work
was pulling things around the baseball park. . . . Charley’s performance was to
limp around the grassless surface of the baselines on the diamond dragging a
This picture was so deeply stamped in the ballplayers’
consciousness that when a member of the team developed a minor cripplement in
the lower extremities due to a slightly pulled tendon or muscle bruise, his
teammates called him “Charley Horse”
Usually people associate leg cramps with the term
"charley-horse," which are
painful sensations of tightness and
tension in the muscles of the leg.
The commonest area affected
Nocturnal leg cramps are muscle pains that occur during the night when a
person is sleeping, causing sleep disturbances that may ultimately ruin a good
- Dehydration or inadequate water intake
- Decreased level of potassium, calcium, magnesium, bicarbonates in blood
- Poor blood circulation
- Vitamin deficiency
- Varicose vein
- Side effects of some medicine
- Improper workout for muscles
- Bruise or contusion due to heavy exercise
- Thyroid disorder
- Hormonal imbalance
- Physical overexertion
- Physical exertion of cold muscles
- Muscle injury
- Muscle fatigue
- Excessive perspiration
- Wearing high-heeled shoes for lengthy periods.
- Take adequate water
- Massaging the affected area may helps to relive the cramp
- Ice cube fomentation may help to sooth the cramp
- Weight control helps you to avoid more physical stress on calf muscles
- Avoid too much forceful walking, running or jogging.
- Mild stretching exercise for 15 min daily will help u to get rid of cramps
- Stretch during the day and before bed. Focus on your calf and foot muscles.
- Move around during the day to exercise your feet and legs.
- Wear comfortable, supportive shoes.
- Sleep under loose covers, especially if you sleep on your back.
Homoeopathy is now a well-known way of treatment for many such diseases known to be incurable. And it is now well reputed to cure Night cramps very quickly and effective without any adverse effect.
The homeopathy medicine cures the root cause of leg cramps very gently and rapidly.
For More details contact us
Elavenii Homoeo Speciality Clinic
94/3, Thennamara st,
Vellore – 632 001
For more health update stay tune on our page.